Thursday, May 13, 2010

Finding me

photocredit: weheartit

Lately I’ve been a very weird mood, one which even I don’t understand. Let’s see, I’m not:
1. depressed
2. lonely
3. un-happy
4. not-hopeful

I need to do something that excites me, something that will bring me out of this miserable mood. I have no will-power to do the things that used to make me smile, and deep down I feel horrible about it. Blogging, unfortunately is one of those things.

When I started my blog it was a way for me to let out whatever was in my heart. I used it as my very own virtual diary, it was my way of letting the world know who I really was. And almost a year and a half in, I feel like I’m losing the passion for it. My posts list is full of drafts,  every time I write something I begin to second guess myself, and discard it.  

I think I know what needs to be done. This year, and for the very first time in my adult life, I haven’t made a New Year’s Resolution, and even though we’re 5 months into the year,  this is my resolution for the rest of 2010: Do something exciting once a month!

I am going to challenge myself, and do something that will bring some joy into my life, something that’ll help me de-stress and take some time off for myself. And yes, I will blog about it. Here’s hoping I don’t fail at the first hurdle.

Now, to find that something exciting. Wellington’s a great city, with many sights and sounds, so Google,  here I come! 

5 comments:

Shahirah Elaiza said...

So whatcha waiting for? Start exploring! Can't wait to see Welly through your eyes =)

-Amina said...

Shahirah, i've made up my mind... It's set. I'm doing this! Im actually excited at the prospects of doing something out out of the box.

Heart/and/soul i'll definitely takes loads of pics.

Hayat Magan said...

Make a bucket list! Set out goals for long term and short term task you have been dying to do! And really trust that you can do it. Only you can make yourself happy, and only you can bring yourself out of your rut! I’ve been there, and it’s easier than your think to break out of your mundane existence love!

My blog list is on my page somewhere: MzMaganmoments.com

-Amina said...

Thanks Hayat! I've actually been thinking of making a bucket list.. but i figured with Uni and the stress of living alone, i'll probably stash it somewhere.. so instead i'll do one thing at a time. That way i'm less likely to completely forget, lol.

I'll definitely check out your blog :)

Hayat Magan said...

Very true! P.S I am in love with your blog! I really hope you continue on with it and not give up! The beauty of our words, we never know the impact they have on someone you else. Writing is a gift, sharing your writing with the world is charity :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails