Friday, May 21, 2010

Marketing Islam 101

This is a great video by Yassir Fazaga on how marketing can extend to religion as well as products and services.

As a marketing student, i found this video to be very interesting. Every time i tell someone i'm a marketing major i get told "How can you help the ummah with that?" People, i admit, i am being selfish by choosing Marketing. In all honesty, if i was going to study to help others, i would have done something more productive. I am doing this for me and for me only. Off course i want to help others, and i will inshaAllah but in other ways. Marketing is something i am passionate about, it's where i see myself working 10 years from now. I have other plans but right now this is a priority in my life.


Khutbah: "Marketing Islam 101" by Sh. Yassir Fazaga from Islamic Institute of Orange Cty on Vimeo.

This video has taught me a few things i did not know, or rather things i did not consider. I never knew Marketing could be used in Religion. Yes, giving Da'wah to people is a form of selling our religion, i just had not thought about the packaging it aspect.

It is true; every day we learn new things. If you watch the video lecture let me know what you thought of it. I'd love to hear your ideas.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails