Saturday, April 30, 2011

Getaway (Part 1: Sleepless in Seatle)


 One of my passions in life is traveling and exploring new places. Even though I am not a very social person (don't get me started on talking to randoms... Awkward!)  I would be more than happy to stop someone and ask for directions and such. You see, readers, I don't travel by maps. I just go wherever my feet take me and try to find my way around. I think that's how you'll be able to see more of a city and truly take it in. Otherwise, you miss out on the intimate parts of a city, the hidden alleyways and quirky corners.

If you've read this post, you'll know I've been traveling in the States and insha'Allah will be heading to Canada for 4 days.

The first stop on our trip was Seattle. Boy, am I in love with that city! It felt so much like home, but on a grander scale. Unfortunately, we didn't get to see much of the downtown area as we were spending alot of time visiting family (and off course shopping). There were a lot of family members to see and catch up with. Too many for a one week stay, I reckon.

Ahh, i'll end all this talk, and leave you with some pictures from our stay there.

 The Seattle Space Needle

Downtown Seattle by night.
 This, my friends, is the FIRST EVER STARBUCKS! If you're ever in the downtown Seattle area, it's located in the Pike Place Market.

The city was littered with Starbucks café. Needless to say, i LOVED it!

It's only been a few days since we've left it, but i already miss it. I miss the places we frequented, and most of all our family members who we've met for the first time. It's really strange, not knowing someone and then a few days later becoming very saddened at the prospects of leaving them. I definitely look forward to visiting the city again, and spending more time in it.

Till the next getaway post.

Xoxo

3 comments:

Shahirah Elaiza said...

The pics aren't showing =(

-Amina said...

Oh darn! let me try and fix that!

Shahirah Elaiza said...

I see em now =D =D

Ah Seattle looks gorgeous!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails