Thursday, November 3, 2011

Discoveries

Every once in a while, in the world wide web, I come across something so amazing I feel like it would almost be a sin not to share. Lately, I've been listening to the kind of music that isn't usually played at your best friend's party, music I wouldn't have stumbled across had I not been bored out of my mind(!). The talents behind this music are arab artists who are so passionate about their music, the cheap-vulgar-nonesense of today's arab pop would not stand a chance against if the people listened with their ears rather than with their desires.

Tonight I came across an artist who ventured on finding his sensational talent at playing one of my favorite instruments after reaching a pretty low point in his life.  To learn more about Khyam Allami and how he set on the journey to mastering the 'Oud, go here.

For now, let's just enjoy the music.

1 comment:

Shahirah Elaiza said...

I looove listening to the oud being played.. it's so Arabian. Thanks for sharing Amoon.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails