Friday, August 14, 2009

Thank Allah it's Jumah!

Yes, i am shamelessly stealing my post title from the youtube video, but i am genuinely glad it's Friday. Even though my week hasn't been very hectic, i just feel under lots of pressure ( school-wise). I have loads of assignments due in the next 2 weeks and mid-terms right after, but i feel like the past 5 weeks at uni we haven't really studied much. It's kind of a scary thought. I know that as soon as mid-terms week starts i'll be stressing out, and wondering when exactly we've covered more than 200 pages in the textbook.

Anyway, today i have a few things on. My friend Chloe from Muslimah Artistary is showcasing a dress she made for the university's wearable arts exhibition, and all my friends and i are attending. She participated last year too, and took either second or third place; will check with her. No one has seen the dress so we're all excited!

Also, tomorrow night is the annual African Students Association cultural night. No, i'm not performing, i'm just helping out. I am wearing a traditional Somali dira' though. Tonight is the final dress rehearsal, and if it is anything like last night's rehearsal we'll be there till late. I have no idea what the deal is with us Africans and time, but if we say 7, expect the show to start at around 7:30-8pm. No kidding.

I'll try to take pictures at both events and show you all.

Till then, Juma' Mubarak! May Allah make it a wonderful day full of happiness and barakah. Ameen.

Amina =)

1 comment:

Mina said...

Lol, good luck on the night:)
I know what you mean about us Africans and time keeping:/

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails